Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

clarence hiles

Barbados

26th Jun 2008

I agree Armchair but since he won't be there another captain has already been appointed. The coach picks the captain so if William is in the team and wants the job he'll be a contender. Take Alex Ferguson as the role model in club versus country conflicts and dealing with the captaincy. In fact Alex Ferguson for Cricket Ireland (if Roy Keane is not available)
Armchairs and sofas in cricket correspondence is making us too soft! Will I see you at a cup match this weekend sitting comfortably on the boundary?

Arm Chair Supporter

In my arm chair

26th Jun 2008

Ed, Great article about William Porterfield. I agree 100% with all that you said about Porterfield (and others) making a career out of the county scene. But I think we all should agree that the captain of any team should be 100% focused on that team - surely William should step down to allow someone who can focus on the job take the helm? There is no dout he leads by example and has the makings of a great captain - I just feel it is untenable to have a captain who wont be there at all times, by his own doing / decision. Ireland's loss is Gloucestershire's gain, but good luck to him. If only we were all good enough to have a crack in the counties!

jeff maguire

dundrum

25th Jun 2008

Like to pass on my congratulations to a true CRICKET GENTLEMAN CECIL WALKER, as when DUNDRUM clubhouse got burned down for the 2nd time Cecil on hearing we were in trouble paid for all the top soil which helped us bigtime in hollow tyning the square.LISBURN are very lucky too have such a great CRICKET supporter & naming the pavillion after him was top recognition for a top man.

jeff maguire

shush dont tell vanburn we talking bout cricket,lol

25th Jun 2008

rodney. we would be ODDS ON to beat Ballymena if we played them on a SUNDAY. If Taito hasnt spent all his £ in Amsterdam im very happy that he gave me 3/1 as think we have hard game both days but we def have stronger team for the DERBY in the one & only MEADOW and if the captain(rodney) can motivate the lads we can pick up much needed points.

Rodney Hassard

Work

25th Jun 2008

the weed from dundrum (jeff) aint too bad at the old tips, I wonder if he is as good at the cricket ones? What odds would you give for Dundrum beating Ballymena or Downpatrick?

Danny

Looking a tip?

25th Jun 2008

RE VANBURN

Ok then ignoring horse tips for a while, what odds would you give on CSNI beating Inst/North Down in the semi-final of the Challenge Cup? Go on........... loosen up.

brendan

Derry

25th Jun 2008

Just to let you NCU people know what you are missing as we have been enjoying some R and R up here in the past week with Raza and Russell in great form. No better strikers in Irish club cricket when they are in tune so watch out for more fireworks from here on.

mark

Belfast

25th Jun 2008

Vanburn if you understand Jeff's tips or emails then you are one of the lucky few as he seems to have backed a few winners recently. Not for me but I enjoy his snippets about Dundrum cricket so I'm prepared to take the rough with the smooth.

michael patterson

Lisburn

25th Jun 2008

Congratulations to Cecil Walker on the great honour bestowed on him by Lisburn Cricket Club last Saturday. Cecil has served Lisburn, NCU and Irish cricket with distinction and now his name will be enshrined for ever on Wallace Park pavilion and nothing could be more fitting.

clarence hiles

Barbados

25th Jun 2008

John Wright
May I join with everyone associated with the Ulster Cricketer website in expressing our deepest sympathy with John's family at this trying time. His end was swift but his memory will live long with all of us who had the privilege to call him a friend. Great character and so popular and highly respected by everyone.
Rest in peace old friend.
Clarence Hiles
Editor

Vanburn

Belfast

24th Jun 2008

Jeff: Re: Horse racing tips etc.
I have no problem with you having a bet on the gee gees, indeed I have a regular bet on them myself (once a year on the Grand National). What I do not do is post tips on cricket on any horse racing forum, as that is not the appropriate place to do so. Please, however, feel free to continue to post your horse racing tips (with my blessing) on the Ulster Cricketer Forum until such times as the Editor himself requests you to cease this practice. I will henceforth take your advice and ignore your posts, which is a pity because just occasionally you have something interesting to post about cricket.

jeff maguire

2tip or not 2tip??????

24th Jun 2008

vanburn, if the EDITOR tells me to stop tipping on sport I will gladly listen but if its annoying I suggest you dont read my post.TAITO ,you very quiet at the minute (dont no if vanburn alows us to bet) but take it my bets are still on with you (20£ @ 3 1 ) that Dundrum can beat the mighty Downpatrick home or away?? lets hope the weather is good as think their will be quite a big crowd for this DERBY game. ps vanburn thinking of you makes me want to tip TURKEY!!! but want Russia to win it but GERMANY V SPAIN might just be a classic final so ITS JUST NOT CRICKET. LOL

Danny

Ladbrokes

23rd Jun 2008

Lighten up about the horse tips - if you had listened to Jeff over the last week you might not be moaning.

Jeff can you please refrain in future from tips unless you put some cricket discussion at the end!!! Vanburn has spoken.

Roger Bell

Home

23rd Jun 2008

Re: John Carlisle

There should be an announcement from the NCU to clubs on this subject later today

John Carlisle

Work

23rd Jun 2008

Does anyone know which competition is taking place on Sunday 29th June - Ulster Shield or NCU Twenty/20 Shield Finals Day? As it appears both have been scheduled for this date! It would be nice to know before most clubs hold selection meetings this evening!