Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

jeff maguire

ascot

18th Jun 2008

ascot tips. nap .danehill destiny.eway Aqlaam. phoeinex tower. heaven sent . best outsiders oceanna gold ,selinka.insaff,rebecca de winter. good luck.

John Ross

Super Sunny North West

17th Jun 2008

RE Instonians Ground - I hear the same pitch hosted the very highscoring Killymallaght game in the Ulster Cup - what could have went so wrong in such a short space of time, with some very dry weather in between and a club with money to burn? I cant get my head round it!

michael patterson

Lisburn

17th Jun 2008

If not the class then perhaps the ability Gordon?
Don't get too carried away with Stu Daultrey's ramblings as he anti North Down if you are a regular reader of his column and he throws in a gibe every so often. In fact he throws in gibes about everyone.

andy kennedy

ballymena

17th Jun 2008

agree with Taito - problems before - bit of a slap in the chops for the "master race"!!

gordon lamb

belfast

17th Jun 2008

"North Down are obviously a useful outfit, but don’t have the class to win the Bob Kerr"

As Stu Daultrey said a few weeks ago. Seems he was correct after all

Dicky Owens

Saintfield

16th Jun 2008

Thanks taito about comments on the ground. Our man W Radcliffe puts in countless voluntary hours to have it in the best possible condition. We would be lost without him as a club like a few others. I know we won but it was a great day for a club like Saintfield who have waited approx 25 years to play Downpatrick so it was gook to see a big crowd coming down to spectate and enjoy a few beers like yourself and Chipper.
Ps. Never have a bet with JB Wade.

taito

downpatrick

16th Jun 2008

re shaws bridge wicket: i dont claim to know it all but i think i am right in saying they had problems with the wickets a few years ago as they had to play their games at osbourne park? there may have been a ruling then that the wickets were not fit for the premier league? or it might have been a club decision. i think it must me more of an embaressment for the club than anything in a big irish senior cup game.

i would like to say that saintfields ground looked an absolute picture on saturday. A real credit to the ground staff. There arent too many grounds in as good a condition as that.

andy kennedy

Ballymena

16th Jun 2008

The Muckamore club has lost one of its oldest members and former players in the death of Eddie Mulholland who passed away on Sunday, a few days after his 90th birthday. Up until this season Eddie has been a regular spectator at all games and would be well-known to all who came to Moylena. His passing breaks our links with players going back to the 30s and 40s. My deepest sympathy goes to his son Jimmy at this time.

mark

Belfast

16th Jun 2008

If Instonians get off with an away replay then they've got out of jail in this matter. Providing an unplayable ground isn't much different than not providing a ground and we all know what happens in that instance.
However, before we pass any sentence it would be good to hear a club explanation. After all, they are not renowned for producing bad wickets.

Sam Magill

Newtownards

15th Jun 2008

I've heard on several occasions in the past Shaws Bridge being referred to as the Home of Cricket. I'm guessing this has now been changed to the Home of NO Cricket?

jeff maguire

earn your subs sat!

13th Jun 2008

nap TANTO FAZ 535.york. MUSAALEM will win sunday.eway adversity.

Wayne Horwood

Belfast

13th Jun 2008

Robin - I was indeed intrigued at the ability to play what would appear to be 3 players in the club turf when if you were to comply with the NCU rules there would be some question marks over eligibility. My interpretation of the Club Turf rules are that the rules state that all players registered in either Union by 15 April are eligible. It does not matter how many 'overseas' players you have. You can play them all. So if you had 11 mozambique internationals over for a weekend. As long as you have them registered by 15 April it is a case of crack on.

Wayne

Ryan McCarter

The Mall

12th Jun 2008

Where have I said Dundrum were expected to provide a sub? It would have been appreciated and to me goes against everything local cricket should be about. And an NCU team away on a sunday (or any day for that matter) travelling with a 12th man.... unheard of

I can assure you I would be equally disappointed if any Armagh team refused a simular request. Just ask the Saintfield midweek XI lads.

And not that it matters the scorer who travelled with the team on Sunday has just recovered from a broken wrist

John Wheeler

Saintfield CC

12th Jun 2008

Ryan, it was a fantastic innings last night. He only gave one chance which was spilled when he was about 10. Even though we were on the receiving end it was still great to watch.

Also we had an injured player last night and never dreamed to ask Woodvale for a substitute, as far as I'm concerned its our responsibility to have a 12th man, there's no onus on the opposition to send on a sub. From what I've heard Dundrum were willing to let Armagh's scorer field which was declined.

Ryan McCarter

The Mall

12th Jun 2008

Quite a debut for Woodvales late arriving professional Khalbor, 3 wickets and then 125 not out in the chase!

Was very disappointed to hear of the sub fielder being denied to Armagh at Dundrum last weekend after a player sustained an injury. Cricketing etiquette is quite clearly a thing of the past unfortunately.