Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

Mark

Belfast

2nd May 2008

If the NCU is allowing Cliftonville to play all their matches away this season what happens when another club says they cannot accept the fixture? Does this mean Cliftonville have to concede the points? And what happens if some clubs accommodate Cliftonville and some do not? This is a recipe for chaos and the NCU should give clear guidance right now before we reach the silly season when anything goes!

michael patterson

Lisburn

2nd May 2008

Have to say big Phil has to get it right in the next few weeks or he's on his bike! Rampaul has to be up to the task as he's the coach's pick and the young guns in the side have to be brought into the action or there's no point in having them there. Sheltering players? Give us a break, if you aren't good enough why are you there?
Ireland under Simmons has done nothing and while the fault may not be totally at his door, the end result will be his head when things continue to go wrong. Also who picks Ireland these days and if it is coach Simmons what does he really know about cricket in Ireland? He has no knowledge of club cricket has never seen interprovincial cricket and must rely on heresay, youth cricket, and 'information.' Is this a professional set-up?

jeff maguire

COVERS ON

1st May 2008

taito, didnt you no that ROMAN ABRAMOVICH has holiday home in DUNDRUM & HE said that if his JEWISH manager wont sign players then he would get RODNEY to do it now that LIVERPOOL can concentrate on summer (champions)league.lol dont think their be many games sat.eway jardin de vienne. bangor friday,might pay for your supper.

taito

work

1st May 2008

jeff, that auction you ran must have made some money with all these imports ha ha. If the forecast is right this weekend could be a wash out. Is it still the same in the cup ? that if it starts then your back monday, tuesday, wednesday .....nights until you get it finished?

jeff maguire

food for thought

30th Apr 2008

taito, if you no RODNEY way we do you would no rodney probably EAT THE BEANS not spill them(remember he told me tin beans had 2 do him for 2days at UNI)now working for KAINOS its MARKS&SPENSOR.when we get them registared you will here 1 is INDIAN the other ENGLISH& LASTLY 1 ZIMBABEAN,&even if only gives the CLUB more of allround squad it will help.heading up too hopefully see if the BRAND NEW COVERS made by MAG/CONN are finished.im still trying too c if our WEST INDIAN OJ BENNET has any friends coming over as want too try &win that nice side bet me you have. ps maybe wasnt CIYMS trying sign everyone&hope all the OVERSEAS SIGNINGS enjoy playing at THE MEADOW IN DUNDRUM!

taito

work

30th Apr 2008

rodney, yeah spill the beans , who have you signed now?? We don't play saintfield on bank holiday monday, we play ballymena. So playing them twice in three days, lets hope DK has a bad weekend.

Rodney

Dundrum

30th Apr 2008

Marky

I havent been on lately because I've been so busy trying to get things ready for the kick off on Saturday.

Believe me, the banter will still be as high as ever although with Downpatrick getting a pro, a lot of people have backed down in their predictions for the derbies / league spots.

Downpatrick play Saintfield on bank holiday monday which will be great match for the neutral and im sure a tightly contested affair.

With regards Dundrum, our professional will be here for our first league match away to Saintfield on Saturday 10th of May so will be interesting to see how he adapts to our conditions.

Any last minute transfer news? We have signed a couple of useful squad players!

Response

Ed:
Who are they Rodney?

Dee

Belfast

30th Apr 2008

I see some wag on the other channel suggested that the North West have the best league in Ireland.

At least they appear to have the best sense of humour!

Marky

Co Down

30th Apr 2008

I notice the Dundrum/Downpatrick/Saintfield banter has dried up, the boys must be getting a bit twitchy now that the action is about to start!
When is the first derby?

taito

work

29th Apr 2008

i would just like to thanks clarence and rodney for the kind messages about harry, i will pass these on to the rest of the family.

michael patterson

Lisburn

28th Apr 2008

Wouldn't you know?
Phil Simmons obviously read my posting and signed up Ravi Rampaul.
Nice one Phil. Let's hope it works out.
Is there not a place for Peter Connell in there as well? We aren't that strong that we need to stick with the same guys match in match out. He's the best opening bowler in the NCU so give him his chance.

paul hatton

Dublin

28th Apr 2008

Can anyone give me an easy website to get the NCU and North West results every week?
Thanks.

michael patterson

Lisburn

27th Apr 2008

Who is RSA?

Response

Formerly known as Royal & Sun Alliance

jeffmaguire

its just not CRICKET

26th Apr 2008

BEST BETS .nap COMMANDER KEV150 market rasen.nb major cadeaux.355 ,trans siberian 105sandown,lothian falcon320,hide the evidence,140,quevaga420punchestown,cchristy beamish530, best outsiders ewayvic venturi345,definate spectacle455. if LEG SPINNER RUNS 455 must have great chance &be topical tip for the cricket followers,good luck &plenty warm gear for anyone who gets playing 2day.

michael patterson

Lisburn

25th Apr 2008

Seems like Cricket Ireland and the new board at the NCU should be making a trip to Antigua and getting Sir Allen Stanford involved in Irish cricket. Reading and listening to him over the last two days he's on Cloud Nine with cricket funding and supporting Irish cricket would be a drop in the ocean from his resources.
Are we going to wait for him to ask us?