Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

Roger

Home

18th Apr 2008

I Morrison Lurgan to Waringstown
D Menaul Cliftonville to Academy
S Chambers Millpark to Lurgan
J Tormey Downpatrick to Dundrum
N Gill Derriaghy to Muckamore
D Kennedy North Down to Ballymena
S Lazarus Armagh to Ballymena
N Russell North Down to Glendermott
M Dalzell North Down to Glendermott
D Connolly Dunmurry to Woodvale
I Kamtekar Dunmurry to Muckamore

I think that's all the main ones to date!

taito

work

18th Apr 2008

neil russell north down to glendermott
martin dalzell north down to glendermott
neil gill derriaghy to muckamore
david kennedy north down to ballymena
john tormey downpatrick to dundrum

i think thats all i know of?

first friendly tomorrow i hope its a bit warmer

Dee

Belfast

18th Apr 2008

Can we start to compile a list of definite transfers for the new season here?:
P McCrum Laurelvale to CIYMS
R West Instonians to CSNI
D Cheater Millpark to Waringstown
P Stafford Lurgan to Brigade
D McCann Dundrum to Derriaghy

mark

Belfast

17th Apr 2008

Because of people like you D Smyth who thrive on rumour-mongering! Look at the teamsheets and you'll see who's there and who's not. I'm sure North Down can speak for themsleves but their dignified silence suggests they can look after their own affairs internally and not on a forum. Or maybe you know something we don't?

D Smyth

Belfast

17th Apr 2008

Agree not to write off ND but are we missing something? There is usually no smoke without fire, why have thre players left and at least the same again rumoured to be heading elsewhere!

taito

belfast

17th Apr 2008

yes michael , here is hoping we can do what waringstown, north down and ballymena have all done recently in getting promoted from section 2 and then subsequently winning section 1 the next year. Tall order i know i think we would settle for just getting back in the top flight. i would have fancied playing cricket this morning it was more like january. I would say the odds are pretty high on a wet week next week, since the cricket season is starting. Dont they go hand in hand??

michael patterson

Lisburn

17th Apr 2008

Taito you should have seen that coming! I think the original comment was fair because apart from Bangor's one off season and Instonians occasionally flattering to deceive, every team outside North Down and Waringstown has been in the relegation zone for at least five successive seasons. Nobody seemed to realise it at the time but the two up two down has found out the pretenders and maybe your club will come back all the stronger. Look at North Down in the late nineties for inspiration!

mark

Belfast

17th Apr 2008

Crafty North Down have unearthed another player from Down Under in Andrew Sutherland. Seems like he's not just a good player he's up there with the best.
Might the men from Comber be stronger in 2008 despite their winter exits? They've kept pretty quiet on their 'replacements' but nobody should be fooled about their chances especially when you look at their squad. I'll go for North Down, Waringstown and Civil Service North to contest the major trophies, Downpatrick to win section two just ahead of Lurgan and Woodvale. As usual Muckamore will bottle out despite having the talent!

taito

work

17th Apr 2008

ok david point taken maybe only one year 2005 , ended up losing by 16 points, lost our last two games , one of which was against north down. i cant see the trend changing any this year , hard to see past either north down or waringstown, by all accounts it seems like sutherland is a decent bat for north down which will go some way to filling the void left by the departures

david clarke

work

16th Apr 2008

taito,

What two seasons were they exactly???

The only team who have broke the north down/ waringstown title challenge have been bangor. Normally otherwise a good 20/25 points behind those two!

taito

belfast

15th Apr 2008

yes clarence i agree there are two leagues in the top flight for sure, i would also say though that for at least two of those years we were still in with a shout for the title with maybe fouror five games left. We are notorious bad finishers.
Yes there will certainly be a few possibel banana skins this year, and your not wrong about the most slippery ones being pretty close to home. We are under no illusions that this league will be tough

clarence hiles

Barbados

15th Apr 2008

Point taken Taito although I've noticed that some teams spend most of the season in the relegation zone and when they play each other at the end of the season the winners come out higher in the 'also ran' pack. Let's face it there have been two 'leagues' within Section One for some time and it's not too hard to define who's in each. That said, good luck this season as Ulster cricket needs a strong Downpatrick but watch those banana skins a few miles up and down the road!

taito

work

15th Apr 2008

re clarence: "ring out the old....."
Interesting ststement Clarence in saying "However, with perennial relegation candidates Lurgan and Downpatrick finally taking the drop"

I think it is particularily harsh on us at Downpatrick considering in 2006 we were 5th, 2005, 3rd , and 2004 5th. So i would say that rather than perennial relegation candidates i would say we were more perennial mid table finishers.

JEFF MAGUIRE

glad masters over.

14th Apr 2008

just like too thank NORTH DOWN for their hospitality at sundays game, DUNDRUM hope too return the favour if possible.

paul Hatton

Dublin

12th Apr 2008

Just warming up for the season although that may be a play on words. The Irish Senior Cup is still the best club competition to win so looking forward to a bigger challenge from the northern teams although it may be from North West rather than NCU. Still don't see anyone beating the Dublin clubs yet but relish closer games and more competition! Maybe the tide has turned with your pros in?