Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

Stephen Hughes

Working on a Saturday.....

29th Mar 2008

No Paul, that isn't me. I know your worth to any bar take....priceless!!!

taito

work

28th Mar 2008

is that stevo hughes?, i was obviously joking, well i wouldnt think CI thirds would want me even if i was paying them ha. If james hall is worth £8k i think i would be worth about 50p, na maybe 20p

Stevo

South Down

28th Mar 2008

RE CIYMS

Paul as you are so open about your resigning..could you tell us how much Hughes and CO are paying? If Hall was offered 8k then what was your price ? Silly money ???

taito

also bored

28th Mar 2008

gareth, yeah they have resigned me , but i have to pay them back what i owe them for being so rubbish the first time round. No i don't think they have made any high profile signings but who knows. They have though proved in the past they can beat some of the section one teams in the cup run a couple of years ago, i think they have the desire and talent to stay up, back them all the way to do so. the experience of a couple of the boys at that level will no doubt help, but there is plenty of talent in stephen's squad there to compete

Gareth Dempster

bored in work

28th Mar 2008

Does anyone actually know if CIYMS have signed anyone? I hope they do stay up, but without 2 or 3 more big names i think they might struggle!

jeff maguire

GOT MAN FLU (so wife says)

28th Mar 2008

danny, check out www.dundrumcc.com as setting up tipping forum,not big prices these(but shud win)nap kempes ,dundalk910,apache dawn720kempton.rustarix newbury240,eway aux le bann140&commander kev210.their is 4 dundrum lads got share in SAINT ERIC &it has 2 win soon or they selling so 2 day might be it250 wolverhampton.good luck. think CIYMS will make massive effort as the first year is always the hardest but they certainly wont gone DOWN easy&have 2 say that their CLUB HAS HANDLED ALL THE RUMOURS BRILLIANTLY&I WILL bet that they stay up.

taito

its friday!!!!!!

28th Mar 2008

senior one could be interesting this year too, i would say after all the winter movements the smart money must be on waringstown, but north down can never be written off, they still have a very strong squad there at the green and will be there or there abouts. CI i think will do ok, but it will be a very tight middle and bottom of the table i would say. NCU cricket in the top two sectiosn hasnt been this interesting for quite a while i hope the season lives up to the anticipated hype

Gareth McCarter

The Mall

27th Mar 2008

Re Danny

CIYMS is an interesting one, very much a club on the up, both on the field and off, but it will be interesting to see how they fare in Section 1 amongst the big boys. I'm sure all of the rumoured financial offers to just about every player in the Union (bar me :( ) wouldn't be overly positive to a team spirit, but if it can get them a couple more star names they might well be competitive in Section 1. With the side they had last year it would be a struggle for them, but strengthening a few areas might see them hard to beat. I will be watching their progress with interest, despite the bad press the get (perhaps jealousy?) I thought they seemed a pretty good bunch, both 1sts and 2nds.

Danny

CIYMS

27th Mar 2008

Re Jeff

Dont worry about Dan George - Also backed big boots well so was a good day in the end!!!!

With all this talk about Dundrum anyone any thoughts on whether CIYMS will hold their own in Section 1? Odds wise what you give us Jeff!!

Gareth McCarter

The evergreen Mall

27th Mar 2008

I wouldn't like to be placing bets on this seasons Section 2, there are potentially a lot of leading contenders who will fancy their chances of having a good season. Saying that, a good season means different things to different clubs, some might be content with consolidation yet anything other than promotion as champions would be a failure to others.

I expect twists and turns aplenty, but won't be making ill-advised predictions.

Bruce Topping

Laurelvale

27th Mar 2008

I would have thought Downpatrick and Lurgan woud have been favourites to go back up with more strength in depth and long term section 1 experience.

This two up two down is great as it makes the league so interesting. I am looking forward to playing at all grounds (new and old) this year and think it will be highly comeptitve all season.

jeff maguire

big boots

27th Mar 2008

danny .i will be setting up tipping line on our SITE , www.dundrumcc.com & hope you take look in ?sorry bout my pay the ferrymen (but ive told my m8 thats 5 in row lost is it a BOOKMAKER he getting them of.lol. BIG BOOTS WINS 6 1 this is agood1.back 2 cricket,wish all clubs knew that THEULSTERCRICKETER had a forum as be good 2 hear from all clubs even their 2 &3 team players as their views just as important(editor u might be able too organise this?)as no disrespect too cric europe we NEED NCU SITE??

jeff maguire

hope im wrong

27th Mar 2008

danny,sorry only got word earlier as they said it needs a easy round off jumping!!but u never no .im goen too ask local bookmakers too price up section 2 (paddy power refunding all bets on us as he says not fair STEALING £)LOL.

Danny

Work

27th Mar 2008

Jeff

Thanks for the tips - Hear the echo did you proud. Just wish I had checked back on this forum before I stuck £10 E/W on Dan George!!!

Keep them coming and good luck for the coming season.

jeff maguire

HOT TIPS

27th Mar 2008

ivan, will try get deal done for overnight stay in dundrum holiday homes, best bat ,bowler ,wkeeper, U FORGOT THAT BIG ANDY &FEW YOUR TEAM TOP DRINKERS so it will be good craic home&away.getting depressed thinking bout MARKING THE BOOK.ah well im sure TED WILL KEEP US WELL STOCKED!any1 interested in wee bet BIG BOOTS AYR& MY MATE SAYS PAY THE FERRYMAN WINS 545 THURLES.GOOD LUCK,PS anyone MISSING paul stafford???????????