Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

Gareth McCarter

The evergreen Mall

27th Mar 2008

re Taito

I reckon Taitos opinions aren't worth reading if he doesn't even have the respect to know how many teams are in the league. If Downpatrick come down anywhere with that sort of aloof Section 1 attitude they will have a long year, as the teams he mentioned at the bottom and the one he neglected completely will be more than ready to trip them up.
I can see a very close season ahead with a lot of evenly matched teams.

ivan mc combe

Muckamore

27th Mar 2008

Taito
That may not be far away from the end of season league table.Ballymena must be favourites with DK and his brothers James and Robert plus Lazurus,Carl Williams,Glassy,Minnis and Neil Fullerton all good experienced players.I would hope we could challenge but despite having probably the two best batsmen ( DK excluded ) in Kami and Baguley,the best quick bowler in Neil, the best keeper in Dunners ( also a class batter who got an exceptional ton against Woodvale last season ) two exceptional slow bowlers in Kami and Cardwell plus the very promising Jason V de Merve ( off soon to the West Indies with the Ireland Under 15's ) plus a wily skipper in Leslie Allen and the experience for hopefully some games of Andy Clement ( Jeff if he plays at Dundrum that might be another room for the night you'll need to find ) I think we are maybe a batter and bowler short of making a challenge in a league I think is the best I can ever remember it's been.Two up,two down and giving four different faces in the league really shakes it up.It would need to stop raining soon.I was over our ground today and it's supposed to be the driest in the country and it's like a bog in places.

Rodney Hassard

Dundrum

26th Mar 2008

Couple of cracking posts. Predictions for this year...

After much chopping and changing...

Ballymena
Muckamore
Downpatrick
Lurgan
Saintfield
Woodvale
Hollywood
Dundrum
Laurelvale
Armagh

richie

belfast

26th Mar 2008

i thought it was an interesting point made about nicknames and slightly more interesting than listening to the same old debate which has been occurring recently. as was said previously who cares?! Anyway any predictions for section one? or will it be one of the usual two?? also what about this paying of players? personally i dont agree with it. I think the only people who should be getting paid are those who are good enough and have made it to the county scene. any thoughts? Obviously clubs with enough money will pay players but are players losing a sense of loyalty to their club which has nurtured and developed their talent?

jeff maguire

texas hold em

26th Mar 2008

sorry taito, is ARMAGH not in section 2?think BIG BOOTS WIN AT AYR 520&GRANGECLARE GOLD@THURLES& IF DAN GEORGE jumps better might get close.john we have texas hold em night this fri PAUL MULLAN RUNNING IT FOR US MIGHT BE GOOD CRAIC IF U FANCY FEW PINTS IN DUNDRUM INN (RUMOUR HAS IT RODNEY BUYING DRINK). IF I WAS A gambler i wouldnt BET ON IT.

richie

belfast

26th Mar 2008

I certainly would have thought that the ulster cricketer forum would have been slightly more diverse than to discuss one or two aspects of ulster cricket. It will certainly be one of the closest section 2 leagues in many years. Taito, just to pick up on your point about being an amateur game and to enjoy it. You are completely right. However what sort of amateur player who plays the game for fun would also be paid for his services??? or lack of them as in the case of present company?

Response

Feel free to diversify Richie!

John Wheeler

Saintfield

26th Mar 2008

Taito

I'll settle for 4th place thanks very much. I personally think Muckamore & Woodvale will be there or there abouts come the end of the season.

Looking forward to a bit of banter with you when you're batting. From what I've heard we'll need to be quick because word is you're not in the middle for too long ;-)

JEFF MAGUIRE

£ required for AINTREE

26th Mar 2008

taito. love your predictions us RELEGATED&U STILL NOT TAKING MY BET ON BEATING YOU HOME OR AWAY??easy £ for u if you that confident(also BRIGGSY said yous finish 1 or 2)fair play i still take 3 1 or bigger if you want.my outside bet 2 go close MUCKAMORE(KEMETAR HES WORTH THE £&NEILL GILL BACK THEY WILL BE HARD 2 BEAT).MY OTHER PREDICTION IS THAT WE WILL TRY ARE BEST TOO STAY ABOVE RELEGATION!

jeff maguire

MISSED the point

26th Mar 2008

taito.you MISSED the point my heading you were never GOOD was a reference to your previous post that you headed BEING GOOD!surely even you not that thick as i have never seen you play but do no that you played in 1&2 so i am not stupid 2 say about your playing standard when ihave only played 3&4, so if you check out your post you will see (maybe not)that it wasnt a DIG AT YOU!PS wasnt good enough 2 get PAID but £ isnt everything even if NEITHER OF US GOOD ENOUGH 2 EARN IT !

taito

about to go home

26th Mar 2008

new topic, as the mccann one is boring me , section 2 predictions (im sure i will be reminded of these at the end of the season and i hope they dont come back to haunt me):

Ballymena
Downpatrick
Lurgan
Saintfield
Woodvale
Muckamore
Hollywood
Dundrum
Laurelvale

Probably completely wrong but it would be interesting to see what other peoples opinions are ??

Response

Taito, I'm sure there will be a couple of irate Armagh cricketers on here in the next few days!

taito

stirring the pot

26th Mar 2008

dont worry rodney i am a big boy, i give as good as i can can get, maybe derrick can lend jeff one of his representative sweaters to make it look like jeff played at a decent standard, im sure it would make his day wearing something that derrick had previuosly worn since he loves him so much lol

Fergy

in the office

26th Mar 2008

Whats all this crack about the McCanns, who cares??
They've had more clubs than Tiger Woods!!!

taito

if i was never good what does that make you?? lol

26th Mar 2008

jeff , i hope derrick is back because the sledging will be both ways dont worry about that, and im sure it wont be just from me. Yeah i wont expect a xmas card any time soon, i wouldnt think i will shed any tears about that. captaincy isnt my bag , and i will play for whatever team im selected for. You dont have to be liked to win trophies but as we play cricket as an amateur sport i dont know about you but i play for fun and to make friends , and i have made so many over the years. The childish sledging and behaviour of some others has meant they have created enemies not only in the oppostion clubs but in the clubs they played for. Doesnt really get you anywhere!!

jeff maguire

MARK you very welcome in DUNDRUM

26th Mar 2008

mark , which club you from?I Promise you this dundrum have always tried too facilitate teams &any supporters &dont see it should stop in section2?cricket is only a GAME& with not knowing most the teams think it would be nice 2 get too have bit of craic off the pitch(as we keep being told wee only up for 1 year).

Rodney Hassard

Dundrum

26th Mar 2008

Give the fella a break weed...if it wasnt for him we'd have no debate. Tayto you should get the other folk on from Downpatrick.

Mark, jeff has us built up but really we are just excited about playing in a section we've never played in before...you'd think we were world beaters lol