Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

jeff maguire

on the pop

26th Mar 2008

NEIL GILL,if you no game next DAY if you want i try get you bed for night, as want 2 c who can drink or slag the most,JOEL RECKONS HE SPILL MORE THAN YOU HOLD?did you room with him on ULSTER TOUR IN ENGLAND?whats your FUNNIEST STORY of him from then????????

jeff maguire

taito , u wheir never GOOD.LOL

26th Mar 2008

TAYTO,take it you not on MCCANNS XMAS CARD LIST?id watch out for frances not genius as MOTHERS can be very protective,say one thing in genius favour wasnt MANY MORE SUCCESSFUL in STRANGFORD ROADS HISTORY??ALWAYS THOUGHT IN sport that DONT HAVE 2 BE LIKED TOO GET THE TROPHIES(MAYBE DOWNPATRICK goen 2 make u CAPTAIN?? or uplaying for seconds ?,LOL ,wish SEASON WOULD START AS TALK IS CHEAP,sure its only bit off craic.ps(RUMOUR HAS IT DERRICK IS BACK AT DUNDRUM by god id PAY A FORTUNE 2 HEAR SLEDGING HE GIVE YOU (BUT IM SURE DARREN WILL MAKE UP FOR IT IF HE NOT.LOL

mark

Belfast

26th Mar 2008

I hope Jeff has read that article on 'bums on seat' because he's built up Dundrum so much they can expect quite a few visitors this season! Also we'd expect to see an SP/bookie service in place for the punters.

taito

work

26th Mar 2008

sorry neil you are right brian dunlop is defintely up there, apologies dunners

Neil Gill

Muckamore, Antrim

25th Mar 2008

Cant believe Taito didnt mention Brian Dunlop among the best wicketkeepers in the N.C.U.

mark

Belfast

25th Mar 2008

Thanks Taito. Maybe some of the older Downpatrick readers will have the answer. It also raises the question of nicknames and while yours looks fairly straightforward it would be interesting to hear some of the most original from readers.

taito

being good

25th Mar 2008

i cant comment on why derek senior was called genius or what name he should be known by cause i would probably get myself in trouble.

He was downpatricks keeper for many a year and captained the club also aswell

mark

Belfast

25th Mar 2008

Wasn't Derrick McCann's dad a wicket-keeper at Downpatrick for many years? I'm told he was a genius and hailed from Dundrum but I read somewhere he was also a bit of a maverick as a captain.
Does anyone know why he was nicknamed Genius?

taito

losing the will

25th Mar 2008

jeff, he may well have been back up but rory has been keeping in the top league now for the last few years and has been doing very very well. Anyway enough about derrick, i thought i would stop hearing about how good he is meant to be when he left us. Not long to go now until the start of the season.

O yeah just a bit of news about jak, he has signed for a team in the indian cricket league, im sure he will do well and plenty of section one bowlers will be happy they dont have to bowl to him this year

jeff maguire

HEAR THE ECHO.LOL

25th Mar 2008

taito.rod just imformed thru ARCHIVES rory mccann was back up keeper too derrick when they toured ENGLAND with irish universities,but he might have improved!off out shoping get sum NEW GEAR FOR GRAND NATIONAL IN liverpool thanks 2 great wekend on nags. AINTREE FRIDAY IS LADIES DAY (SCOUSERS half naked they tink its ROYAL ASCOT BELIEVE me THEY HAVE 2 B SEEN 2 B BELIEVED)

taito

long weekend

25th Mar 2008

jeff, in fairness although i think there are better keepers, i dont think he has anything to prove , he did it before for several years in section 1

jeff maguire

HEAR THE ECHO HANGOVER

25th Mar 2008

TAITO, yes we all have are own opinions&we shall just have too c what happens this year, but i will guarantee this DERRICK MCCANN will show everyone in section 1 just how good he is(we will never replace him)pity because he was FANTASTIC last year &stood up &made it look simple. just made me realise how WICKETKEEPING IS SUCH &!!!!

jeff maguire

anyone BACK hear the echo???

25th Mar 2008

2 cold talk bout cricket so if any 1 interested have few more TIPS .dont like favs but these 2 look CERTS nap heaven knows.nb jered. rest eway the last hurrah. knochnaglow leader.first feerie. backed jamid at 80 1 &70 1.betfair&last chance 2day for me if SCHINDLERS HUNT dont win.

taito

back to work

25th Mar 2008

jeff, again this is only my opinion but the wicket keepers that are better would be in my eyes, bushey, shieldsy, and then bothe instonians boys , rory mccann and john stevenson. there are four at least , o yeah gary wilson also , sorry yeah derrick may be the best wicket keeper in section 3 but there are plenty beter up the leagues

jeff maguire

HEAR THE ECHO

24th Mar 2008

ivan&rest .cailin alainn jumped like a elephant BUT VERY HAPPY THAT MY OUTSIDER HEAR THE ECHO WON (YOU dont need much on 2 win a grand at BETFAIR PRICES ) HAD 66 1 &55 1&48 1. HAPPY DAYS & IF I HAVE SAY MYSELF REST TIPS DONE well (ivan buy u drink 2 make up 4 yur losses as know u cant afford 2 lose)or if u want u can have EASY CHANCE 2 WIN IT BACK IN FIRST GAME IN DUNDRUM&EITHER way i take same bet at muckamore???????re ROBIN HAIRE ,royal county buck ran great race &done forecast with cailin alainn (wish had done rev forecasts 3 them)