Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

andy kennedy

dreich Buckna

30th Nov -0001

Scunthorpe through on penalties last night!! I know of one other supporter - and the lady scorer knows who she is - who will be looking forward to Wembley. C'mon Jeff - what odds Scunthorpe for the Championship?

Davy McDowell

On the pooter wishing i was playing

30th Nov -0001

With regards to the Pro debate, if we are going to have them here at all, then surely they should be allowed to play in all competitions.
There have been some pro's in the local game that have proved to be excellent value for money in improving the standard of the local cricketers, but equally there are some that are only here to play, and that IMO is one of the reasons why they are detrimental to the good of the local game.
I recall going to school and having John Solanki when he was employed by Lisburn coming to coach at the school every week (at least one day per week depending on which year teams were practicing) and spending a lot of time encouraging players nd showing us where we were going wrong either with bat or ball, Mark Harper when at Donacloney is another that coached a lot and got a lot of youngsters playing the game in the Cloney likewise Rahul Mankad in Lurgan, but too many probably couldnt tell you where the nearest school was never mind when they practised.

James

Belfast

30th Nov -0001

Story goes Decker Curry hit Andrew White with his bat! Just what I heard.

Stephen Burrell

30th Nov -0001

@LaurelvaleCC @tpatrickcc congrats to you both. League tables don't lie. Top of league 2 yrs in a row = top teams #ncus2 #ncujc

Clarence Hiles, Editor

30th Nov -0001

Good debate on the pros and cons about shorter overs. But surely there is be room for everyone? If both teams want the shorter games then agree it. If both games want a longer game then continue.
At least give it a try for a couple of years.
Also, make sure the proposals are timely and correctly before the AGM. This is the place to debate and some of the best thinkers are involved.