Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

david clarke

work

29th Aug 2008

NCU COLTS CUP FINAL

WARINGSTOWN 238/1
LEE NELSON 190 NOT OUT

DOWNPATRICK 98 ALL OUT

michael patterson

Lisburn

29th Aug 2008

Solution to a wet ground problem?
Switch to another ground. Everyone has cars and they can travel there and as for the other ground, there should always be one in reserve should a switch be necessary. Impractical? Not a bit of it.

david clarke

work

27th Aug 2008

the NIACUS u17 colts cup final between Waringstown and downpatrick will take place on thursday 28th august at the meadow, downpatrick with a 2pm start. All support welcome

Paul Hatton

Dublin

27th Aug 2008

Sorry I have been away for a while but with so much rain there wasn't much cricket to talk about anyway. Looking forward to the ISC final in the North West and hopefully a close match. Are there ample seats at the ground or do you bring your own? Also do they take euros in Strabane?

brendan

Derry

27th Aug 2008

Just looking at the number of matches still to be played in the NCU in comparison to the North West.
Why is that?
Another wet weekend and there's very little chance of getting all the matches played. Sad to say but the weather could ruin a good finish.

robin haire

meadowbrook

26th Aug 2008

big final tomorrow wed.27/8

under 15 north down v carrick has been switched to comber 3pm start.

michael patterson

Lisburn

25th Aug 2008

Congratulations to Kyle McCallan and a good article in recognition of currently the best all rounder in NCU cricket. He's set a high standard for everyone not only in his cricket performances but in his approach to the game and his high level of fitness and commitment. Nice to see the late great John Solanky get a mention.
Yes Mr Editor, a role model in every sense.

ronnie mcalpine

dundrum

24th Aug 2008

congratulations to academy for their cup success wish i'd have been at the celebrations after i'm sure they were par exellent

ron

trippin the light fantastic

24th Aug 2008

cheers pat i won the final but to be honest beating scooby in the semi was the most satisfying thing i've done in darts......well.....apart from drinkin the £100 hic! he he he

Pat

Across the Pond

24th Aug 2008

Ronnie - forget about the canoeing. Even the canoe event in the Dundrum regatta fell to the recent bad weather.
One thing that survived was the DARTS and I hear a certain R McALPINE beat all before him to scoop the £100 Jackpot. Mine's a Pitcher!
Well Done

mark

Belfast

22nd Aug 2008

Well done Laurelvale and Muckamore seconds.
Quote from NCU website-"both clubs wish to play the final rather than share the trophy."
Why would anyone want it otherwise?

michael patterson

Lisburn

22nd Aug 2008

Lighten up Ronnie. If you are canoeing across your cricket ground it's hard to take anything serious. Enjoy your sport as 99% of the people in it are genuine and honest. But there's always that 1%.
Have you been watching Beijing?

ronnie

canoeing over the square in the meadow!!!!!

21st Aug 2008

one of two things here michael, either i'm naive or you're cynical, not sure which one. i am sure of one thing, for ME this conversation ends. when you start questioning the integrity of umpires and naming NCU playing members, in what could be construed as a libelous manner, hypothetical or not. that is a bridge too far.

michael patterson

Lisburn

21st Aug 2008

You are right about one thing Ronnie - the only person whose opinion matters is the umpire's! However, once the umpire leaves the pitch everybody is back on equal ground and the opinions of others become very important because they reflect on the integrity, ability and honesty of an umpire when performing his duties. I'm sure you set high personal standards but don't dismiss the opinions of others because you alone make the decisions. Also don't forget umpires are probably assessed by those same people. On a wider topic don't think some umpire somewhere hasn't taken a bung amidst all this match fixing and corruption that has been going on for years. If there's one person who can make a decision with certainty then it's the umpire. Can you imagine if bets were taken locally the pressure you would be under from Jeff to 'give him a little information?' None of these guys ever did anything wrong - they just gave 'a little information to a friend.'

billy pollock

Belfast

21st Aug 2008

Thanks for your reply Mr Heaney. I wasn't creating any fuss but trying to get some sort of clarity as I was confused. Still am.
I'm very pleased that North lives on but like many of my generation I felt when you left Ormeau a lot of the club died with the move. There'll never be another Ormeau, it was a sad day for Ulster cricket.