Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

jeff maguire

ON THE BEER WAGON

17th Mar 2008

paul. ive been on beer since thurs & dont understand my ULSTER SCOTCH LINGO myself, but im SURE TAITO KNOWS ITS only a bit of BANTER! IM just looking forward too the season starting as DUNDRUM are in section 2 for their first & hopefully not the last time.3 winners today at DOWN ROYAL DAN GEORGE. WEXFORD LADY ROBERTA & FLIRTING AROUND. well TAITO U TAKING THAT WEE BET?????

Paul Hatton

Dublin

16th Mar 2008

Good article with Barry Chambers. Makes you appreciate what goes on these days and although he's paid for some of it there's no doubt a lot of what he does is at his own expense.
As for Jeff Maguire and Dundrum I'm sure I'm not alone in saying I don't understand the half of it. Is Taito some sort of translator?
u 2 r sum crac!

craig irwin

Lurgan

16th Mar 2008

Having played 8 seasons in section 2 NCU can i say that it will be very tough for any side to win. Like NCU Section 1 there are two noteable sides to look out for but this does not mean they cannot be beaten. Holywood im sure surprised themselves last year proving that the section 3 winners/promoted sides cannot be underestimated.Anyone about to play in Sect 2 will find an extremely competitive league but an enjoyable one devoid of all the pressures Section 1 brings.

Dazzler

Fields of Linley Drive

16th Mar 2008

yes speightstown wasn't one of my better days on and off the field. Cheers Russler.
Niall i didn't play at the biscuit factory, wicket wasn't wide enough for me!!!-probably dropped at that stage.
Biscuit factory is where Russler hit fidel for one of the biggest sixes ever and coops I think hit him for four fours in a row.
Roll on India

jeff maguire

dont tell the wife

15th Mar 2008

taito. never lose the faith very easy 2 tip favs(not u or lurgan)SWEAR had silver jaro 40 1&2day khaticuran 40 1 ,hattan 27 1 conquest 5 times worst price 8 1 miss miujana 15 1 .anthill 2b placed at 18 1&score double las 2 favs so more than happy 2 buy u a drink &if u give me 3 1 ill have 20£ that we can beat the mighty downpatrick at strangford or THE MEADOW????????? AS paul linehan said dundrum were a viggage team &never be any better.well this time we will c if he is right but tink we proved in 20 20 final againest yous that the villagers can play a wee(by the way we have lost the CUP )bit too. OFF OUT 2 spend my winnings but will keep 20£ back 4 our small wager if you want bet(u bound 2 have £ left from your wages at CIYMS? TAKE CARE AS life is for living!!!!!

Paul Stafford

Sipping Bacardi and Coke

14th Mar 2008

G Spot XI at the biscuit factory.It was like playing in the middle of FG Wilson. The little stream running around the boundary turned the ball green when it landed in it and I always check the label now when buying biscuits to ensure they don't come from Barbados. The last few steps up to the crease were like climbing a ladder and the factory workers couldn't be making any more than one packet of biscuits a day. The last thing you need on a stinking hot day on a dump of a ground that makes Fox Lodge look huge is Ryan Nurse and Fidel Edwards opening the bowling! What a day!

Russeller

work

14th Mar 2008

Nile/Staffy

Speighstown will live long in the memory thats for sure. Big Daz might no longer be with us if i hadnt have intervened that night!! I think the big guy who resembled BA Baracus with all the bling on him shouted out to the dazzler something like "hey mon, my mother can bowl better than you", which nearly started world war 3!!!

Re The game at the biscuit factory, what a ground(donemmana esq) and what absolute carnage!!!

Great tour indeed!

Nile Smith

Retirement Home

14th Mar 2008

Staffy - never mind the crazy Speightstown incident with the Russeller on Kofi Annan duties.
Do you remember the lorry driver at the West Indian Biscuit Company (WIBICS) amidst absolute carnage (WIBICS 350 off 30 overs or so, waitey running out of cricket balls) who shouted out to the Dazzler "Hey man - you is just a SUGAR BOWLER!!"
Sorry big Marty - the look on your face was priceless!

taito

trying to pick a few winners

14th Mar 2008

i agree staffy the NCU is going to be very interesting. Section 2 will be a very tight affair, a mixture of clubs who have recently been in section 1 : lurgan, ballymena, woodvale, muckamore, downpatrick, coupled with a few clubs who are on the rise and are making strides for the future: saintfield, dundrum, hollywood. It looks like it could be the closest league for a while. In the premier league i woudln't rule out north down just yet , they have a lot of strength in depth but they will miss the three boys big time. Waringstown will be there or there abouts and im sure there will be one surprise club finishing in the top four, CIYMS? CSNI? Who knows? not long to go now though.
Jeff i hope your cricket predictions are better than your cheltenham ones, i hope you still have enoguh cash left to buy a few beers after the local derby this year lol

Paul Stafford

Waringstown

13th Mar 2008

Jeff, I think the NCU will be fascinating this year. Section 2 is actually a really hard one to call, Ballymena not only have DK back but they have ex-Armagh Pro Steve Lazarus. Steve is a good guy, a dangerous batsman and an excellent coach. Muckamore have also got Kami as their Pro who has been the best Pro in the league for a number of years. Add Neil Gill back in and they look strong as well. Woodvale and Holywood pushed hard last year and Laurelvale and Saintfield will be hard to beat. Tough year ahead for all.

PS Viljoen is not a Pro, he's Irish!

jeff maguire

GONE FISHING

13th Mar 2008

micheal, prefer chinese after game & beer & now that DUNDRUM have finally got sit in CHINESE (QUAY VIEW & LICENSED) can see some great nights as socially ising is as much part the game as playing (the WAGS dont agree). DUNDRUM have had some superb nights after games with clubs such as COOKE , ACADEMY, COLLEGIANS & DERRIAGHY&the mighty CIYMS (who had the most horrible HAWAWII 50 for their whole team) staying in the village over night & THINK THE FUNNIEST thing i ever saw was one of the COOKE players saying too the BAY INN owner when inquiring about why their NO SHOWERS he was told that if he wanted too drink til 6am the TIDE would be back in b4 breakfast. ALTHOUGH tryin too get the MICROPHONE off ACADEMYS DAVY GREENLEES is still on funny list! really do hope that we might get chance too have some after match craic with clubs i only ever DREAMED about playing in DUNDRUM!! ah well off 2 cheltenham see if can win enough too get fish supper & chinese. ps paul stafford, one off our sponsers MOURNE SEAFOOD BAR (excellent) says if you stop CRAB BING we wont try too BATTER lurgan & you never no the world is our OYSTER! the listener & airforce one wiil both win 2day!!

michael patterson

Lisburn

12th Mar 2008

Jeff you forgot to mention the fish supper the stable diet of social cricketers at midnight Saturday.

jeff maguire

taking the BAIT?

12th Mar 2008

paul stafford ,IT WAS TONGUE IN CHEEK!!!!i would be MORE THAN HAPPY IF dundrum FINISH ABOVE "1 OF THE BIG 2"!!! paul if u go back (not 2 lurgan)but read what i said & believe me my english is poor my english teacher said (kenny mc cammon who was agood cricketer & umpire said that i would regret not listing& i AGREE WITH HIM NOW. I WAS MAKING A FEW (GOOD FISH JOKES?) BUT WAS DOING WHAT I BELIEVE IN BY STICKING UP FOR THE JUNIOR CLUBS (NOT THAT LONG AGO THAT DERRIAGHY ,CIYMS & SAINTFIELD & DUNDRUM ALL PLAYED IN SECTION 3&4 SO I DONT THINK ITS FAIR TO THAT ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY IN A HIGHER GRADE EVEN IF CLUBS (ALLEGEDILY) DECIDE TO SPEND £! I REMEMEBER YOUR PRO PLAYING AGAINEST OUR 2NDS (VILJEON & HE WAS FAR 2 GOOD) BUT WE DIDNT COMPAIN BECAUSE ITS ONLY A GAME & AFTER& ITS NOT ALL ABOUT WINNING!! DUNDRUM WILL DO THEIR BEST TOO COMPETE IN SECTION2 (WHO KNOWS THE BIG 2 MIGHT FIND NOT JUST DUNDRUM BE UP FOR THE CHALLENGE). I DONT KNOW YOU BUT WISH YOU ALL THE BEST WITH YOUR NEW CLUB & LOL I CANT WAIT 2 SEE LURGAN WITH OR WITHOUT THEIR top spin bowler in DUNDRUM AS THEY SAY IN SOUTH DOWN THE big clubs DONT WANT TOO SEE THE WEE CLUBS GETTING AMONGEST THEM. PS EACH WAY MENDO. SCHINDLERS HUNT. QUARTETTO & AFFISTFULLOFDOLLARS (OWNED BY CIYMS)mite win you enough at cheltenham too pay for a good FISH SUPPER. LOL

tatito

work

12th Mar 2008

sorry jeff i didnt see your earlier reply. Yes we arent getting a pro but i can assure everyone that is not because we think we are going to come 1st or 2nd at all. There are other reasons behind the decision. Yes the local derbies no doubt will involve a lot of banter , cant wait!! We know that section 2 will be no walk in the park as there are some good sides in there

Mark

Belfast

12th Mar 2008

Anyone watching the auctions for the Indian Cricket League? Wild money for the superstars and silly money for some average test cricketers but good business when you can get it.
What I don't understand is why some of the best Irish players have not been recruited. I mean Kyle McCallen would hold his own in this company. I understand Niall OBrien and Boyd Rankin were recruited for the rebel league some months ago but neither is in the same class as McCallen.