Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

robin haire

ardmore academy

3rd Jun 2008

re. robert smith junior inter pro

3 years ago i had the pleasure of coaching robert along with bumper dale at the u15 inter pros. last month i watched as he destroyed our 2nds on the top ground at comber in the junior cup.this guy has a cricketing talent in all 3 aspects of the game, give him a go he,ll not let anyone down

ps.dont blame him for being loyal to templepatrick, he could easily be playing premier league cricket for a number of clubs.

taito

work

3rd Jun 2008

rodney , i was only jesting, yeah hollywood looked a decent side on saturday , bowled and batted well. Nets? what are they? mate doesnt matter how i am doing all i would like is a few wins for JC and the boys

Rodney Hassard

Work

2nd Jun 2008

taito, yes d kennedy bowled at us in the semi final of the junior cup at bangor a few years back and he was razor sharp. McCormick is also quick while cardy and shannon on their day are very good bowlers. I'd expect Holywood to win their fair share of games this year. With regards getting picked for NCU there is no doubt I'd like to be picked but the selectors knew I wasnt available and anyway if I was I'd doubt if I would have been considered. The only thing I'm worried about is playing to the standards I set myself. On another note, I see your bowling is starting to come together again taito. Have you been working at it in nets?

taito

work

2nd Jun 2008

rodney, tell the truth mate your secretly gutted you didnt get picked yourself, Only messing.
I havent seen joel bowl for quite a while so wouldnt be able to comment, although i havent seen too many qulaity spinners in section 2 as yet. Plenty of seamers but nothing special in the spin department. David Kennedy of Hollywood must have been in with a shout too, his spell against us was as good and as hostile as i have seen for quite a while. Congrats on the ton rodney

Rodney Hassard

Dundrum

2nd Jun 2008

Sorry folks, forgot to add team:

Brian Dunlop (Muckamore) Captain & wicketkeeper right
Ian Cleland (Woodvale)
David Connolly (Woodvale)
Neil Gelston (Downpatrick)
Neil Gill (Muckamore)
Ryan Hanna (Cooke Collegians)
Craig Irwin (Lurgan)
David Menaul (Academy)
Philip McCormick (Holywood)
Richard Owens (Saintfield)
Seamus Sharkey (Holywood)

Rodney Hassard

Dundrum

2nd Jun 2008

Have to say I am shocked that Joel Maguire didnt get into the Junior Inter Pro side. Joel has bowled against Muckamore, Cliftonville, Holywood, Laurelvale and Woodvale and in nearly every match has returned good figures as well as having most of the batsmen in trouble. I havent played against all the teams in the league but if anyone can name me a better spinner in section 2 then please let me know (perhaps excluding kametar). As always I respect that everyone has an opinion but I think if you ask a lot of the batsmen that faced him they'd tell you he is difficult to play against. Anyone agree? Btw it is not sour grapes as we have a huge game against Armagh the same day and as Captain I'd rather have him in the side but based on talent, performances and potential he's got to be in there, and yes I told the selectors to consider him. Also interesting to see section 3 has two better players than the rest of section 2. Yes David Menaul is a great bat but is he facing as good a bowling as section 2. Anyone have averages of players picked?

NW Fan

work

2nd Jun 2008

I reckon this clip from the recent ICL in India and his most unbelievable record playing in the North West might go a long way to explain why so many are asking when Hasan Raza will be here. I think Raza appears around the 2min 20sec mark in this clip.

http://cricketsbestvideos.blogspot.com/2008/03/icl-cricket-highlights-lahore-badshahs.html

D Smyth

Work

2nd Jun 2008

Is anyone else sick, sore and tired of hearing when Hasan Raza may or may not arrive at Glendermott.
It’s pathetic that this guy gets more airtime than the guys actually playing.
Are the local correspondents on commission to mention him, or is it maybe a competition between them to see who can do the most name dropping?
I can't believe I've just done the same, please, please, can everyone stop talking about him.

Garth Watson

Limavady Road

1st Jun 2008

Don't worry Dazzler. If you canny make it to bowl next week, we can always play you as a batsman!! Staffy can testify to this as you were unbowlable to on Saturday.

jeff maguire

winners today?

31st May 2008

nap major cadeaux315. eway conquest 230(should win),tranquil tiger.325.beacon lodge210.best outsiders trenchtown455,caldra. what a day for cricket win lose or draw ,ps hope the big two get a drink somewheir.

Dazzler

82 miles from Derry

30th May 2008

Great craic as usual on the forum - enjoy reading it as always - ND v Waringstown the wee niggle will always be there boys!!!! Great when you win and tough when you lose but thats sport.
Staffy re Glendermott (reason why I am posting for once on the forums) If you can take 1 wicket in match then you can play for the away team at Beechgrove tomorrow instead of me - you'll be better. Hope your there - good to catch up.

jeff maguire

more too life than cricket?

30th May 2008

IVAN, you are correct about clarence hiles and the ULSTER CRICKETER as they have done ncu cricket a massive service in covering all aspects of our great game and i will vouch for the brilliant coverage they have gave too junior clubs including dundrum .if the big two dont want too drink with each other they more than welcome too call in the dundrum inn. muckamore , holywood,cliftonville in dundrum have enjoyed the after match drink and sandwiches and think brian dunlop would agree that even though we lost we still had good craic over the game .not enough people get enjoyment out of cricket and i for one am really glad of all the lifelong freinds i have gained from playing cricket (not sure if taito in their yet).

Paul Stafford

Lurgan

30th May 2008

Stevo, sorry you are right that it wasn't you that got upset but Mark in Belfast.
I notice he has now given an explanation of why he doesn't use his full name but it doesn't stack up. Either your point is valid or it is not, and the level of cricket played shouldn't affect your point. I think everyone should use their name.

PS I have spoken to no-one from Glendermott (or any other club) nor have they spoken to me. Hope that answers your question, whoever you are.

mark

Belfast

30th May 2008

Robin I know it is frustrating when you answer postings to general titles but sometimes it is necessary. I'm a cricketing nobody compared to well known people like you and as soon as I put my full name to a posting you know what's going to be said. "What level have you played at?" Which club are you attached to?" etc etc. That's not to say someone who makes personal comments should hide behind a title because that's totally different. The best correspondents on any of the forums are the people who put their full name to the posting and stand behind their comments. I'm not that brave but equally I have opinions on cricket and the forum is a good place to express them. I hope everyone has a great weekend of cricket.

michael patterson

Lisburn

30th May 2008

To Villager Part 2 I might just take up your offer.
Who would I ask for when I arrive?