Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

Stevo

Down

30th May 2008

Re Staffy.

I'm not at all "hot and bothered". Are you hot and bothered at Brigade? Have you signed for Glendermott yet?

robin haire

ardmore academy

30th May 2008

tony mitchell instonians

tony the pics u saw of us winning the 20 20 were plastered over the north down website. maybe thats were u saw them. great site by the way, go to www.northdowncricketclub.com

on a different subject why do some people not sign their name after posting?

ivan mc combe

Muckamore

29th May 2008

I really am baffled by those that think this is a North Down biased website. Clarence Hiles is a cricket man first and foremost and is rightly very proud of his club. Hiler was equally proud of his beloved club when they weren't top of the pile. This is a labour of love for Clarence and if you don't want to read the rantings of us who care passionately about the game than you have the power to click "exit". Clarence I hope we get a few pints together this summer and put the world to rights.

clarence hiles

Barbados

29th May 2008

Thanks Villager Part 2. I'd be delighted to pen an article on youth cricket at grassroots but I'd prefer it from someone like Billy Dale who's at the pit face week in week out. Most clubs have good youth policies and the best usually come through the system and bring great credit to their clubs. Anyway I'll be back at the Lawn in the summer, I won't be shouting abuse at anyone and I'll probably be in the Planters as well. Some things don't change so let's have a pint.

Paul Stafford

Home

29th May 2008

Mr Planters Tavern described me as the Resident Village Idiot (although he spelt it recident) and I don't want to lose the title. Plenty of craic here at the moment.

I have only ever gone straight home from a game once and that was after the game at Downpatrick last year which virtually relegated Lurgan. I was just so disappointed. Yet as soon as I was home I regretted it because they are a good bunch of lads and two old friends were there Nick and Adam Green. In that regard I agree with Robin that you should go in and have a drink win or lose.

I don't agree with Robin that it was sour grapes because the Waringstown players don't mix even if they win. I know Johnny Bushe tried to get them to change that but to no avail. It's a shame because they are the ones missing out and giving themselves a bad (and undeserved) reputation.

PS Stevo, it's a bit rich you complaining about a faceless forum and (previously) telling me I should be big enough to take stick when you get hot and bothered when anyone asks you your name!

taito

work

29th May 2008

jeff, yes one of the bonuses of cricket lasting all day (probably the only one) is that you make so many friends. Its great to play against old friends every year. Yeah good win for us on sunday it was a tough one , long long way to go though

jeff maguire

ITS JUST NOT CRICKET.

29th May 2008

taito, thats unfair .u talk rubbish &i only banter.only joking ,have too say the ULSTER CRICKETER FORUM is great craic &far better than the other web site.great result for yous sunday,we definatly need a win in league too get us started &yes it is tough section but so far even with losing games we have had good craic with the other teams , and have too say muckamore &brian dunlops team were good lads afterwards&must add that cliftonville &brian stirling also enjoyed the aftermatch drink (you will find friends for life thru cricket)not sure if the BIG TWO AGREE,ps it took the pressure of my tips last week only 1 winner.

taito

work

29th May 2008

gareth, the game is at our place i was just looking for some inside information on their players. Stevo well i wouldnt say that they are best of buddies , there is certainly a lot of rivalry which has spilled over on occassions.

Gareth

work

29th May 2008

Taito - I know that you are going to need Sat Nav to find it. Travelled there a few years ago with Larne in the Ulster Shield and still have no idea how we found it or where it was. Seem to remember going through Claudy and seeing a sign for Donemana somewhere. Think we had to get one of their players to meet us somewhere. One of the most bizarre places I have ever played - out in the hills in the middle of nowhere - but we had a good day and the hospitality was great. I also know that they are extremely keen on trying to hit the ball as far as possible - why run 6 singles when 1 good dig will do the same job !!

Stevo

Down

29th May 2008

Taito..

There is no bad blood that I am aware off between the two, just some guys who have nothing better to do than slag each other off on a "face-less" forum.

Change the subject children !

Tony Mitchell (Instonains CC)

Belfast

29th May 2008

Most people in NCU cricket know that this is a website heavily biased towards North Down.

I remember when North Down won the Twenty20 pictures were plastered all over the site for weeks!

Response

Webmaster:
Tony, The Ulster Cricketer was not in existence online when North Down won the NCU Twenty20 competitions in 2005 and 2006, so I’m not sure how ‘pictures were plastered all over the site for weeks!’?

taito

work

29th May 2008

the rivalry continues: the bad blood between the big two seems to be simmering. Is it just me or does it make good reading?? It beats me and jeff talking rubbish any day.

anybody on here know anything about bonds glen?

Waringstown supporter

the planters!!!!!

29th May 2008

I'm probably letting down our club here by responding to your stupid childish words but here goes!
1. Is anybody in ncu cricket in anyway remotly surprised that a waringstown player would not stand and have a pint with you??
2. Your drunken supporters were shouting at our players all day, then you expect them to go in and drink with them???
3. your telling us to wise up when you yourself feel the neede to once again start up a row out of nothing.
4. but dont worry im sure you'll find something else out of the blue to slag us off when you come to the lawn and beat our seconds again!

Villager Part 2

Home

29th May 2008

Re: Robin Haire.

Grow up Robin. There were no complaints from Waringstown regarding many of the vile comments slung from your supporters on Saturday. Thankfully they are big enough to ignore them as you should have been after the Cup Final.

Michael Patterson. Don’t flatter yourself. Not sure anyone at the Club has even heard of you to worry about the crap you come out with on the Ulster Cricketer Forum. Perhaps you could call down to the Lawn on Friday to introduce yourself?

Ps. Just to finish on a positive note. Congratulations to Kyle McCallan, James Hall & Gary Kidd on their efforts for Ireland. Perhaps the unbiased Editor of the Ulster Cricketer could pen an article on the strength of NCU cricket at the grassroots level. Be interested to hear what he thinks regarding Youth Development and the increasing dependence of Clubs on hired guns from overseas?

Stevo

Down

29th May 2008

Re Waringstown/Northdown Rnd 87...

Robin you should know better!, Village "idiot?" come on, is the whole world really against you?

Children please, grow up!